I always love getting these emails in my inbox, with the pictures and the thank you card attached. Makes all the time and energy devoted into putting one of these video game care packages together.
Here’s the thank you note from medic Mikhael, who’s platoon of sappers is deployed to Afghanistan from North Carolina:
We just got back from a long mission set and were all surprised to find a giant box sitting in our AO (area of operations). We were all pretty stoked when we saw where it was from and immediately tore into the package. It means a lot to us and we are all currently getting our gaming on since we have the next couple of days off. Thanks again for the support and putting this together for us. What you are doing for all the deployed soldiers is something spectacular! Hopefully there is something that we or at least I can do to show our appreciation to you! For now we plan on sending you a couple of our company shirts (new, don’t worry these won’t be used t-shirts lol). Again, thank you very very much. By the way, the signed copy of Gears 3 is freakin amazing, along with everything else, especially with Epic being based out of our great state of North Carolina. Haha. Thank you again!
- A Mass Effect 2 artbook, signed by the creative staff behind the Mass Effect series
- 2 signed prints of Dragon Age 2 signed by (GASP) Miss Felicia Day (The Guild, also a part of the Dragon Age 2: Redemption live action series)
- 2 Mass Effect 2 Miranda t-shirts
It’s fairly painless to make a donation. Here’s how, four simple ways to donate:
1) Use the Chipin link on the front of Front Towards Gamer.com. OR
2) Use the Chipin link on the front page of Operation Supply Drop.org. OR
3) Make a Paypal donation to email@example.com.
4) If you don’t want to send cash, you can simply send your used games or gear to the following address to make the next care package:
Operation Supply Drop
9301 Alvyn Lake Circle
Bristow VA, 20136