The deepest and most expansive simulation of World War 2-era politics, science and warfare – Hearts of Iron III – will see a new expansion that offers players a greater connection to the period’s history and new ways to jump straight into the action.
One of Paradox Interactive and Paradox Development Studios’ most expansive games will get even bigger this Fall.
“Their Finest Hour” is the third expansion for Hearts of Iron III and releases three years after the original game’s release demonstrating further evidence of Paradox’s commitment to building and growing their games beyond their launch period. Taking a cue from their greatest assets, Paradox will be adding features and ideas requested by their own active and involved international online community.
Announced features for Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour include:
• Expanded espionage system with new and reworked missions.
• New ‘battle plans’ mode where you can load historical plans, or draw your own and share with your allies in real-time in multiplayer games.
• New unique elite units for each major nation’s army – Gurkhas, Rangers, Imperial Guards etc.
• Deeper naval invasions system including the development of specialized landing and assault crafts to improve the effectiveness of your assault.
• Leaders gain traits, and assigning them to duty is more important than ever with the new combat tactics system for battles.
• Build your own ‘what if’ scenarios: A new custom game mode for both single and multiplayer. Start with a clean slate and instantly produce units, research technologies and affect political alignment before the game begins. Use this to model ‘what-if’ scenarios and speeds up the early years to jump straight into the action.
• Two new detailed battle scenarios, the Russo-Finnish Winter War and the Spanish Civil War
The expansion Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour will land with a bang later in 2012.