If you’re a grizzled old gamer, you may remember Spy vs. Spy from its heyday in 1984, when First Star Software(developers of Boulder Dash) debuted the title on the Atari 8-bit, Commodore 64 and Apple II. If you’re even more ancient, you may recognise the monochromatic pair from DC Entertainment’s MAD magazine. However, in all probability, you were most likely just a twinkle in the milkman’s eye when all of this was going on, but the secret agents are making a comeback this Summer on iOS.
First Star Software have teamed up with Robots and Pencils and Warner Bros. to bring this classic game to the iPad, iPhone and iPod Touch in full HD, with the option to play with the old school graphics if you’re feeling nostalgic.
As well as a visual overhaul, some extra tweaks have been made to bring Spy vs. Spy into this millennium and make it a worthy addition to your app library:
- Control the battlefield with BYOB (Bring Your Own Bomb) tactics
- A plethora of traps, weapons, loot and mischief in modern and retro modes
- Experience the revolutionary retro classic’s Simulvision™, Simulplay™ and Trapulator™ now in full HD
- Try your hand at international espionage with online and local multiplayer matches.
- All new campaign mode featuring the 8 original embassies as well as 16 new ones
- Integrated Game Center leaderboards and achievements
Check out the trailer below!