Naughty Dog took to the PlayStation Blog and IGN this morning to detail update 1.13 for Uncharted 3: Drake’s Deception, which the developer is touting as the biggest patch that they’ve ever released.
Headlining the list of additions is the new Tournament System, where players can compete to earn in-game rewards over the course of a week. At the end of the week, scores are tallied up and successful players are put into one of three rewards tiers. Each tournament costs one ticket to enter, and players are given 10 free tickets per week. If they want to compete more than that, tickets are purchasable via the in-game store in allotments of 10, 20, 50, and 200. Purchased tickets never expire, and your supply of weekly free tickets will always be used first.
The patch will also bring 137 pieces of DLC in the form of hats, skins, taunts and emblems. These items can either be earned through leveling up (which now includes Legacies, Uncharted’s Prestige equivalent) or bought outright through microtransactions. While goofy, the hats also affect player performance, either buffing or hindering things such as reload speeds and health regeneration.
The update will deliver 50 new PSN trophies to be unlocked via multiplayer, 10 for each of five upcoming map packs. And finally, here’s a full list of gameplay tweaks, straight from Naughty Dog’s blog:
- Increased recoil has been added to the G-MAL
- Deathmatch will now appear in round 5 instead of round 3 in Team Objective game modes
- Quitting out of Co-op will no longer count as a Competitive loss when signing-out/disconnecting
- Lab games no longer count towards the Leaderboard
- Death from Above medal now requires the player to be at least 2 meters off the ground
- Players can earn more than 1 “Here, Hold This Medal” in a match
- A collection of trophies have been added for each DLC pack available (50 total new trophies)
- The TAU Sniper Pistol has been tuned so the rate of fire is up 30% and you pick 6 instead of 3 bullets upon collecting new ammo now
- The M9 blindfire accuracy has been reduced by 10% efficiency
- Cloaked level 3 is now immune to the effects of Disruption (it wasn’t working properly so we fixed it)
- Marked Men now migrates properly to another player if the marked man drops form the game
- Gunfire is no longer silent when using the shield
- Teleporting with Smoke Bomb while holding the Idol is no longer possible
- An issue with the shield that allowed players to remotely control the turret has been fixed
Update 1.13 is available for download right this instant, so go get it!