Darkstalkers is back with a vengeance it seems with the upcoming Darkstalkers Resurrection from Capcom. Featuring two games, Night Warriors: Darkstalkers Revenge and Darkstalkers 3 the series looks to be returning back to form. Resurrection brings not only several interesting and diverse characters, but also adds several new features to up the playability of both titles.
Interested in what both games will be bringing to the table? Glad you asked:
- Online play featuring a nearly lag free environment and upgraded matchmaking, making it easier to find opponents.
- HD visuals
- Replay sharing, allowing you to save matches and upload them to Youtube or the game server.
- Spectator Mode which lets those waiting for their chance to fight participate in match discussions and viewings.
- Watch with Friends Mode, much like Spectator Mode, allows for discussion and viewing, but in a private room with friends.
- Unlockable content unlocked from Challenge/Tutorial Mode and regular gameplay through points gained that can be redeemed for vault items.
Fans will remember that this series’ gameplay is very similar to that of the Street Fighter series, utilizing the three punch, three kick system, but with the addition of air blocks, air dashes, and extended combos. You can also build up your special gauge to unleash special techniques. Night Warriors: Darkstalkers Revenge features 14 characters, while Darkstalkers 3 introduces more characters such as Morgan’s Shadow, Lilith, and Q-Bee.
If you have been anxiously awaiting the return of this beloved (and underappreciated) series, then this is definitely the release you have been waiting for. The Darkstalkers series has always had solid titles, and now everyone will get to enjoy them.
Darkstalkers Resurrection will be available for download from the PlayStation Store for $14.99 or on XBLA for 1200msp. Capcom says you can look for this bundle to be available online in the early months of 2013.
Source – PR