Ever since Pokemon Emerald back in 2005, the Pokemon franchise has been pushing the postgame experience just as much as the game itself. Catching roaming Legendary Pokemon, challenging a more powerful Pokemon League, and topping a whole new area of the region became the standard. The original Black and White had dozens of hours worth of postgame content, and that’s not even counting the constant cycle of breeding and training. Pokemon Black and White 2 feature undoubtably the most content in the entire franchise, with more Legendaries, more tournaments, and more swarms of Pokemon to collect, so let’s get to it.
The Reversed Lair of Heatran – Pick up the hidden Magma Stone on Route 18, and you’ll see Heatran in his stomping grounds on Reversal Mountain, where you were with Bianca early in the game. He’s at level 68, and puts up a fight if you’re into it to capture him.
The Marvelous Cresselia – Head to the Strange House near Reversal Mountain, and you’ll come across the Lunar Wing, hidden inside. Head to the Marvelous Bridge, and you’ll come across a level 68 Cresselia.
The Lake Guardians – Azelf, Uxie, and Mesprit, the Legendary Trio from the Diamond and Pearl era, rear their heads once you beat the Pokemon League. Head to Route 20, where you’ll run into Professor Juniper, encountering the three Pokemon. They’ll split, and you can find them in the following
- Azelf – You’ll find Azelf on Route 23, over by the stairs near a boulder puzzle. Look south of the forest, to the southeast of a Hiker, at level 65.
- Uxie – Right outside of the Nacrene Museum, level 65.
- Mesprit – Climb to the top of the Celestial Tower. Step on a certain spot directly south of the bell, and you’ll find Mesprit at level 65.
- Bring Regirock, Registeel, and Regice down to the basement of Twist Mountain and you’ll awaken Regigigas, who is at level 68. Fun fact, you can just transfer Regirock, Regice, and Registeel from earlier games, and that’ll mean all the same to Regigigas.
- After catching it, head to the Giant Chasm, and you’ll run across Kyurem, this time to catch, at level 70. Catch Kyurem, and you’ll get the DNA Splicers from earlier in the game, where you can fuse Kyurem with either Reshiram or Zekrom.
Swarms of Pokemon - A staple in the postgame, swarms of Pokemon will start appearing throughout the region. In many paths between cities, the hallway you go through has a breaking news slider that will alert you where the swarm is occurring.
- Keep up your battles and you’ll come across Benga, who happens to be Alder’s grandson. He has either Latios, Garchomp, and Volcarona in Black 2 or Latias, Dragonite, and Volcarona in White 2. Defeat him and you’ll get a shiny Gible or a shiny Dratini.
Want to learn how to catch ‘em all? Head over to the Pokemon website!