The Last of Us draws nearer and nearer toward its May 7th release, and what better way to make the wait worse is two, yes, two special editions. First up, the Survival Edition, adding a solid $20 ($79.99) to the standard price with items including:
- A 170 page Art book, running down the designs and development of the Last of Us at Naughty Dog
- Dark Horse comic, drawn by Faith Erin Hicks, providing back story to Ellie’s life before the events of the game. As well as a variant cover tied to the Survival edition
- Steelbook case with close-ups on the two protagonists on each side
- Custom chrome Naughty Dog stickers
- Sights & Sounds DLC Pack (Codes to input)
- A PS3 Dynamic Theme (Sure), PSN Avatars: Winter Joel & Ellie (I guess…), and Official Game Soundtrack done by Gustavo Santaolalla (0_0)
The wealthy, or the absurdly excited, will be happy to shell out $159.99 at the local GameStop for the Post-Pandemic Edition. Like most even special-er and more expensive editions, the contents from the Survival edition is included with a few major and minor additions. Otherwise, pretty standard two tier collector’s editions for The Last of Us.
- A 12″ Premium Statue of Joel and Ellie (done by Project Triforce!), casually on their guard.
- Multiplayer boosts in the like of Bonus XP, Melee booster, in-game currency, then Joel and Ellie skins upon campaign completion