Strap on your diaper and jump in the League of Legends queue to take advantage of the double influence point weekend for Season 3, starting on January 26th and ending on 11:59 PM Pacific on January 27th (in other words, Monday morning)! Also, Riot Games has decided to take their main League of Legends currency, the “Riot Point”, and effectively allow you to get more bang for your buck until January 31st. Purchases of over $10 in Riot Points now give several dollars back in bonus Riot Points. Gotta say, that’s actually a hell of a deal…and I’m shocked that I’m saying that out loud, I typically hate microtransactions. Oh, damnit, now I’m eyeing my wallet…
Anyway, here’s the full announcement from the main League of Legends page over at Riot Games!
Season 3 is imminent and the competition is beginning to flex their muscles – are you ready to rise to the challenge and take on all comers? To help you get ready for Season 3 we’re offering two bonus promos – a double IP weekend and some extra bonus RP with each purchase:
- Your double IP weekend starts on January 26 and ends at 11:59 PM Pacific on January 27
- Get extra bonus RP when you purchase RP from now through January 31 at 11:59 PM Pacific
Here’s a breakdown of how much RP you’ll receive for purchases during the Prepare for Season 3 Bonus:
- $5.00 – 650 RP
- $10.00 – 1460 RP (1300 + 80 standard bonus RP + 80 extra bonus RP)
- $20.00 – 3000 RP (2600 + 200 standard bonus RP + 200 extra bonus RP)
- $35.00 – 5450 RP (4550 + 450 standard bonus RP + 450 extra bonus RP)
- $50.00 – 7900 RP (6500 + 700 standard bonus RP + 700 extra bonus RP)
- $100.00 – 17000 RP (13000 + 2000 standard bonus RP + 2000 extra bonus RP)
Unfortunately, because mobile payment methods don’t receive bonus RP, we won’t be able to apply the doubled bonus to these transactions.
These bonuses should help you stock up on some new gear in preparation for the next chapter in competitive League of Legends.