Hey kids! FTG’s Coward Duck is here once again to give you the fruit of his labors. That’s right, the man who taught you all how to use your Borderlands 2 Golden Keys over and over and over now has another tip once again for Borderlands 2. Handsome Jack hasn’t got a shot in hell now!
So you’re using your Borderlands 2 unlimited key trick right? You’re racking up lots and lots of guns, relics, and shields. From time to time, you keep some that you like. It’s awesome, just as awesome as they guy who supplied you with the trick; however, it has to eat at you. Most of you have multiple characters, and you can’t help but think of how nice it would be if you could just give that awesome gun to everyone. Or maybe you have a vault-hunting buddy you’d love to give the gun to, but you still want to keep it for yourself. Why does life have to be so unfair?!
Worry not, because with this, I’m about to teach you how to make as many copies of any items in your inventory.
Okay, now first some disclaimers. First off all, Coward Duck refuses to pay twice for his internet. So this trick has been tested only on the PS3, and not the Xbox 360. If you’d like to try it out, do so at your own risk. The Xbox 360 does everything needed, so it should work. But once again, it hasn’t been tested on that console.
Finally, this trick makes use of your profile data. In fact, you will have to copy over it as part of the instructions. If you have been doing the Borderlands 2 Golden Key trick, make sure you have them all there on the profile data on your PS3 before you start this trick. Otherwise, bye bye they go.
WHAT YOU NEED
- Copy of Borderlands 2
- Guns you want to copy
- For the sake of speed, have a character in Sanctuary
- You must have finished the mission that gains you access to Claptrap’s Secret Stash. With this, you can use it store weapons or even share items between characters.
- You must be a subscriber to Playstation Plus. Once again, if for some reason you don’t have it, get it. You’ll thank me later.
1) With your character, head over to Claptrap’s secret stash. Take the gun(s) you want to copy and put them into the stash. After you have them in there, save and quit the game.
2) Head over to your PS3 Saved Data Utility (PS3). Go into the folder, find your Borderlands 2 Profile Data from your PS3 data, and copy the data to your PS+ Online storage.
3) Open Borderlands 2 again. Head over to the stash and take back your guns. Save and exit the game.
4) Head back to the PS3 Saved Data Utility (PS3) again. This time head over to the PS+ Online Storage, and find your Borderlands 2 Profile Data. Copy the data from your Online Storage to the PS3.
5) Head into Borderlands 2 once again. With your same character, run over to Claptrap’s Stash and look inside. As you see, your item that you took out in step 3 is back and you still have it in your inventory as well.
So there you have it! Use this trick to make as many guns as you wish! For more tips and tricks, check out Phazon’s Borderlands 2 Mechromancer Guide. Need to study up on the other characters? Check out the Borderlands 2 skill tree calculator. For everything else, keep it locked right here at Front Towards Gamer.